As anyone who has planned an office move or new office buildout can attest, it’s a complicated endeavor that’s not undertaken in a single day. There are several moving parts to consider with several significant milestones along the way.
With that in mind, we’ve prepared a series of checklists of important things to consider at the various milestones of an office move. This a checklist for beginning an office move. Start with the items below as a reminder of what you should be thinking about while planning your move and when you should be thinking about them.
The first checklist in this series deals with important dates. These dates should be at the front of your mind when you first begin mulling over the decision to move. It’s a good idea to find out what these dates are for your office and have them written down for easy future reference.
- Termination date of the current lease.
- Notification date and notification method for the current landlord.
- Start date of the lease for new space.
- Completion date for design and build out of new space.
- Targeted move completion date.