The next checklist in our New Office Checklist Series is for when you are about three months out from your impending move. Initial plans and timelines are in place, now it is time to Strategize. You will want to double-check your plans and run through the move-day schedule with your project manager. This is the time when you will verify and communicate with vendors, confirm approval from building management, and inventory all of the possible move items.
Here are the things you should be considering 3 months away from your planned office move date:
- Interview and select an office move company.
- Inventory all furniture and equipment in the existing office and make note of any special disassembly or moving requirements.
- Itemize all specialized equipment like computers and electronics and make note of any special packing or moving requirements.
- Review existing insurance policies for special terms concerning an office move.
- Decide what furniture and equipment will be moving with you and what will need to be sold or disposed of.
- Arrange for the sale or disposal of unneeded furniture and equipment.
- Make note of any move-in or access restrictions at new location.
- Confirm hard move date.
- Clarify packing details and whether you will be packing or your moving company will be.
- Arrange for secondary storage of furniture and equipment if needed.
- Determine data and power requirements for new office.
- Check status of build out on new space and ensure still on schedule for move date.
18 Months From Move Date
2 Months From Move Date
1 Month From Move Date
1 Week From Move Date