The next checklist in this series is for when you are about 2 months out from your impending office move. You’re not quite to the place where you are panicking or overwhelmed yet, but you are probably starting to feel the heat a little.
Here are the things you should be considering approximately 2 months before your office move:
- Develop a strategy for communicating office move information and dates to your employees.
- Develop a timeline for communicating with employees and a hierarchy for approval, as needed.
- Develop a plan for a phased move schedule, if it will be necessary for your move. You will want to start 2 months before your office move.
- File change of address documentation and verify when this must be completed.
- IT will need to help you determine the steps for moving phones and internet service to the new space.
- Update all supplier and vendor contacts and contracts with new addresses and contact information.
- Ensure all marketing and internal documentation is updated with the new address and contact information.
- Plan for distribution of information to employees about new space and any special parking or building access requirements that may exist.
- Plan for distribution of packing materials for current space.
- Check the status of build out on the new space and ensure still on schedule for the move date.