As anyone who has planned an office move or new office buildout can attest, it’s a complicated endeavor that’s not undertaken in a single day. There are lots of moving parts to consider with a number of significant milestones along the way. But you have no need to fear, because we’re here to help as best we can.
In that spirit, we’ve prepared a series of checklists of important things to consider at the various milestones of an office move. A friendly reminder of what you should be thinking about during your move plan and when you should be thinking about them.
The next checklist in this series is for when you are about two months out from your impending move. You’re not quite there yet, but you’re starting to feel the heat a little. Here’s the things you should be considering.
- Develop a strategy for communicating move information and dates to your employees.
- Develop a plan for a phased move schedule if it will be necessary for your move.
- File change of address documentation.
- Plan for moving phone and internet service to new space.
- Update all supplier and vendor contacts and contracts with new address and contact information.
- Ensure all marketing and internal documentation is update with new address and contact information.
- Plan for distribution of information to employees about new space and any special parking or building access requirements that may exist.
- Plan for distribution of packing materials for current space.
- Check status of build out on new space and ensure still on schedule for move date.