As anyone who has planned an office move or new office buildout can attest, it’s a complicated endeavor that’s not undertaken in a single day. There are lots of moving parts to consider with a number of significant milestones along the way. But you have no need to fear, because we’re here to help as best we can.
In that spirit, we’ve prepared a series of checklists of important things to consider at the various milestones of an office move. A friendly reminder of what you should be thinking about during your move plan and when you should be thinking about them.
The next checklist in this series is for when you are about one month out from your impending move. It’s getting close, you’re almost there. Here’s the things you should be considering.
- Confirm schedule for delivery and installation of new furniture.
- Inform employees what all they will need to do and when to ensure a smooth move process.
- Label all relevant furniture and equipment in line with layout and move-in plan for new space.
- Label or tag all keys and locks that will be making the move with you to the new space, so everything can be opened again after your move.
- Arrange for distribution of any parking passes or security cards that may be required for new location.
- Plan for unpacking and stocking of supplies and files at new location to minimize downtime after move-in.
- Arrange for cleaning of old space after move out.